This 1 day Paediatric First Aid course is designed for those who may work in a childcare setting or parents/guardians who want to be prepared in the event of a paediatric first aid emergency. It is designed to equip participants with knowledge and skills to provide emergency life saving care in common paediatric emergency situations.
On the completion of this Paediatric First Aid course participants will be able to:
- recognise the signs of a life-threatening emergency.
- respond in an effective, safe, and appropriate manner, to a life-threatening emergency, utilising basic life support skills.
- retrieve and appropriately use, if required, an automated external defibrillator during a cardiac arrest.
- report and record their actions and interventions appropriately and handover to emergency medical services.
- Emergency situations – what to do?
- Patient Assessment
- Bleeding & Wounds
- CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation)
- Head & spinal injuries
- Fractures & Dislocations
Who is the course intended for?
This course is intended for anyone who wish to learn how to act in paediatric emergency and life-threatening situations
This course is a classroom based and instructor led highly interactive programme utilising a range of training methods: presentation, small group interactions, demonstrations, and practical hands-on AED training.
MCQ & practical skills assessment
On successful completion of this course participants will receive Amber Safety Certificate of Completion valid for 2 years.