The Fire Safety is a half day training designed to familiarise employees with fire safety procedures, fire science and potential fire hazards in a residential setting.
This course is designed to provide participants with the skills & knowledge to:
- to carry out their duties in a safe and effective manner
- identify possible fire hazards in the workplace
- understand how fires can occur and how fire and smoke can spread
- identify the correct type of fire equipment for the class of fire
- be able to act in a safe and calm manner in case the fire breaks out
- Legal module
- What to do when the fire breaks out?
- How to raise the alarm?
- What to do on hearing the alarm?
- Evacuation procedures
- Escape routes
- Selecting the right extinguisher to use
- Fire risks and fire prevention
- Practical Demonstrations
Who is the course intended for?
All managers, supervisors, or employees with responsibility for fire safety within an organisation or residential setting can attend this course.
0.5 Day (morning or afternoon)
This course is a classroom based and instructor led programme what will use a range of fire scenarios, DVDs etc. The hands-on training on use of fire extinguishers is also a part of this training.
Multiple Choice Questions Exam & practical demonstration
The successful participants will be awarded with Amber Safety Certificate of Completion valid for 3 years.