Irish Heart Foundation Heartsaver CPR AED
This half-day course teaches the basic techniques of CPR, how to use an AED and the relief of choking for adults, children, and infants. Participants can opt to take the adult only portion of this course.
Duration: 0.5 day
Max Group Size: 6
Certification: Irish Heart Foundation/American Heart Foundation Heartsaver AED Certificate and Card valid for 2 years
This 3-hour Heartsaver CPR and AED course provides participants with knowledge and practical skills to perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), use an AED and how to relieve choking adults, children and infants.
On the completion of this CFR course participants will be able to:
- recognise the signs of a life-threatening emergency.
- respond in an effective, safe, and appropriate manner, to a life-threatening emergency.
- retrieve and appropriately use, if required, an automated external defibrillator during a cardiac arrest.
- recognise the signs of choking in adults, children, and infants.
- relieve choking in adults, children, and infants.
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- Accessing and use of AED (Automated External Defibrillator)
- Safety & Communication
Who is the course intended for?
This course is intended for anyone who wish to learn high quality CPR and use of an AED to preserve life.
This course is a classroom based and instructor led highly interactive programme utilising a range of training methods: presentation, small group interactions, demonstrations, and practical hands-on AED training.
Practical skills assessment
On successful completion of this course participants will receive an IHF/AHA Heartsaver AED course completion card which is valid for two years.
Call for Dates
Amber Safety Limited, B2 Corcanree Business Park, Dock Road, Limerick V94 CDA3