Irish Heart Foundation Basic Life Support
During this half day course, the skills taught include adult and paediatric CPR including 2 rescuer scenarios, use of bag valve mask and barrier devices, management of foreign body airway obstruction and use of an AED.
Duration: 0.5 day
Max Group Size: 6
Certification: Irish Heart Foundation/American Heart Foundation Basic Life Support Certificate and Card valid for 2 years.
This half-day BLS for Healthcare Providers (HCP) course is designed to teach the skills of CPR for victims of all ages (Adult, Child & Infant) including ventilation with a barrier device, a pocket facemask, and a bag valve mask device. It also teaches the use of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED) and the relief of Foreign Body Airway Obstruction. This is the only Irish Heart Foundation/American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) course that certifies successful completion for healthcare professionals.
On the completion of this Basic First Aid course participants will be able to:
- recognise the signs of a life-threatening emergency.
- respond in an effective, safe, and appropriate manner, to a life-threatening emergency, utilising basic life support skills.
- retrieve and appropriately use an automated external defibrillator during a cardiac arrest
- carry out one and two rescuer CPR on an adult, child, and infant
- manage a foreign body airway obstruction
- use of bag valve mask and barrier devices
- One and two rescuer Adult, Child and Infant CPR
- Adult, Child, and Infant recovery position
- Adult, Child, and Infant choking (conscious and unconscious)
- Safe and effective use of an AED
- Special considerations when using an AED
- Use of face masks & bag-valve-mask devices
- Skills group practice
- Peer group practice
Who is the course intended for?
The Basic Life Support provider course is intended for participants who provide healthcare to patients in a wide variety of settings, including in-hospital and out of hospital settings.
This course is a classroom based and instructor led highly interactive programme utilising a range of training methods: presentation, small group interactions, demonstrations, and practical hands-on AED training.
MCQ & practical skills assessment
On successful completion of this course participants will receive an Irish Heart Foundation & American Heart Association certification that is valid for 2 years.
Amber Safety Limited, B2 Corcanree Business Park, Dock Road, Limerick V94 CDA3